Tuesday, November 11, 2008

The Color Purple

I was 21 the first time I read The Color Purple. I picked up a copy at the local Safeway, started reading and didn't quit until the last page was turned. Ceilie, what a woman you are. Next came the movie which I have seen a time or two and now, in just a few short months I will see it on stage, set to music. A full circle moment. I think I may have to revisit the prose just to remind myself of the beauty of Alice Walker's words. The story she tangles up in the emotions of my mind. The relationships, good, bad, ugly, implied. I can't wait to see the rise of this woman on stage. You go Ms. Celie, you go!!!

2 comments:

MissEllen said...

Wasn't that an amazing book. Talk about empowerment. I haven't read the book or seen the movie in many, many years. It's time to do both, I guess. Thanks for a great memory.

Hobby Mama said...

Thank you thank you thank you. I love you mommy head. I love these times that I get to go to plays with you, it is more fun then any two girls should be aloud to have but we get to. Now I must go find the book and read it and watch the movie. The next big one comming after this is RENT!!!! I hope I can get them at a good price.